We wish the world were a better place … but it ain’t. So we at Wales Politico (and its associated sites) apologise to all you freedom loving readers for all the legalese below. In this and future iterations of the blogosphere agents of the Anti-Christ are watching.
So, please abide by the following.
Access to and use of ‘Wales Politico’ both within the UK and internationally is provided on the following terms. By using Wales Politico you agree to be bound by these terms, which shall take effect immediately on your first use of Wales Politico. If you do not agree to be bound by all of the following terms please do not access, use and/or contribute to Wales Politico.
We may change these terms from time to time and so you should check these terms regularly. Your continued use of Wales Politico will be deemed acceptance of the updated or amended terms. If you do not agree to the changes, you should cease using this blog.
Use of Wales Politico
You agree to use/access Wales Politico (and its associated sites) only for lawful purposes.
Contributions to Wales Politico
1. By sharing any contribution (including any text, photographs, graphics, video or audio) with Wales Politico you agree to grant to Wales Politico, free of charge, permission to use the material in any way it wants (including modifying and adapting it for operational and editorial reasons) for Wales POLITICO services in any media.
2. Copyright in your contribution will remain with you and this permission is not exclusive, so you can continue to use the material in any way including allowing others to use it.
3. In order that Wales Politico can use your contribution, you confirm that your contribution does not infringe any UK laws, that you have the right to give Wales Politico permission to use it for the purposes specified above, and that you have the consent of anyone who is identifiable in your contribution or the consent of their parent / guardian if they are under 16.
4. We normally show your name (alias) with your contribution, unless you request otherwise (by blogging anonymously), but this is not always possible. Wales Politico may need to contact you for administrative or verification purposes in relation to your contribution.
5. Please do not endanger yourself or others, take any unnecessary risks or break any laws when creating content you may share with Wales Politico.
6. If you do not want to grant Wales Politico the permission set out above on these terms, please do not submit or share your contribution to or with Wales Politico.
7. If you have any questions about contributing content to Wales Politico, please contact us.
Wales Politico community rules
(a) About your posts:
• Try to be civil.
• Disruptive, offensive, obnoxious or abusive behaviour is subject to moderation and deletion.
• No unlawful or objectionable content: unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, racially offensive or otherwise objectionable material is subject to moderation and deletion.
• Be considerate: users of all ages and abilities may be viewing,
• No spamming or off-topic material: we don’t allow the submission of the same or very similar contributions many times. Please don’t re-submit your contribution to more than one discussion, or contribute off-topic material in subject-specific areas.
• No advertising or promoting.
• Contributions containing languages other than Welsh or English may be removed.
• Inappropriate (e.g. vulgar, offensive etc) user names are subject to moderation and deletion.
• URLs (web site addresses) can only be posted if relevant to the topic.
We advise that you never reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else (for example: telephone number, postal address, home address or email address or any other details that would allow you to be personally identified.
(c) Legal requirements:
• You may not submit or share any defamatory or illegal material of any nature in Wales Politico. This includes text, graphics, video, programs or audio.
• Contributing material to a Wales Politico with the intention of committing or promoting an illegal act is strictly prohibited.
• You agree to submit to or share with Wales Politico only contributions which are your own original work. You must not violate, plagiarise, or infringe the rights of Wales POLITICO or third parties including copyright, trade mark, trade secrets, privacy, publicity, personal or proprietary rights.
(d) If you’re under 16:
• Please get a parent’s or guardian’s permission before taking part in Wales Politico.
• Never reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else (for example, school, telephone number, your full name, home address or email address).
(e) If you breach these Rules:
If you fail to abide by these Community Rules you will be sent an email which informs you why your contribution has been refused or edited. This email will also include a warning that continuing to break the rules may result in action being taken against you, such as a banning order or use of the legal system.
If you submit or share offensive or inappropriate content to or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on Wales Politico, and we consider such behaviour to be serious and/or repeated, we may use whatever information that is available to it about you to stop any further such infringements.
Wales POLITICO reserves the right to delete any contribution, or take action against any Wales POLITICO account, at any time, for any reason.
Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
1. The majority of content posted in Wales Politico (and its associated sites) is created by an editorial team and members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of Wales Politico or Wales Eye. Neither Wales Politico nor Wales Magazine are responsible for any content posted by members of the public on Wales Politico or for the availability or content of any third party sites that are accessible through Wales Politico. Any links to third party websites from Wales Politico do not amount to any endorsement of that site by Wales Politico or (and its associated sites) and any use of that site by you is at your own risk.
2. Wales Politico content, including the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons regarding or relating to Wales Politico and/or its associated sites, its products and services (or to third party products and services), is provided “AS IS” and on an “AS AVAILABLE” basis. To the extent permitted by law, Wales Politico excludes all representations and warranties (whether express or implied by law), including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy. Wales Politico does not guarantee the timeliness, completeness or performance of the blog, website or any of the content. While we try to ensure that all content provided by Wales Politico is correct at the time of publication no responsibility is accepted by or on behalf of Wales Politico for any errors, omissions or inaccurate content on the website.
3. Nothing in these terms limits or excludes Wales Politico’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its proven negligence. Subject to the previous sentence, Wales Politico shall not be liable for any of the following losses or damage (whether such damage or losses were foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise): (a) loss of data; (b) loss of revenue or anticipated profits; (c) loss of business; (d) loss of opportunity; (e) loss of goodwill or injury to reputation; (f) losses suffered by third parties; or (g) any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of Wales Politico regardless of the form of action.
4. Wales Politico do not warrant that functions available on Wales Politico will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that Wales Politico or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs. You acknowledge that it is your responsibility to implement sufficient procedures and virus checks (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy your particular requirements for the accuracy of data input and output.
All copyright, trade marks, design rights, patents and other intellectual property rights (registered and unregistered) in and on Wales Politico and all content (including all applications) located on the site shall remain vested in Wales Politico or its licensors (which includes other users). You may not copy, reproduce, republish, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use Wales Politico content in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use. You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any Wales Politico content except for your own personal, non-commercial use.
The names, images and logos identifying Wales Politico and its associated sites or third parties and their products and services are subject to copyright, design rights and trade marks of Wales Politico and/or third parties. Nothing contained in these terms shall be construed as conferring any license or right to use any trade mark, design right or copyright of Wales Politico or any other third party.
1. If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive and continue to be binding and enforceable.
2. The failure or delay of Wales Politico to exercise or enforce any right in these terms does not waive Wales Politico’s right to enforce that right.
3. These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of Wales which shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes.
Wales Politico is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk.